Friday, February 22, 2008

Universe, Help Dig Us Out of This Mess

I have lots of Deep Thoughts, little time, a doctor's appointment and a mess of snow to get through to get there (5 seemingly unexpected inches in Brooklyn today, enough to make the subways groan and my old Dalmatian whinny).

Between the sudden snowfall, Clinton's perposterous plagarism comments about Barack Obama and allegations of impropriety against McCain, I spent my entire morning shower cringing and wincing as each news report came on my little waterproof radio.

So, Universe, while we Americans too often act as if we have God on IM, I am making my plea this morning our presidential candidates to cut the crap, tell the truth, and most importantly for the truly best person to win. Probably impossible, but I frequently want the impossible, and sometimes I even get it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tell the truth.. yeah.. that's going to happen.. I don't blame you for wincing and my pleas are on your side, certainly.

Anonymous said...

Politicians. that's the key word. if they were tellers of truth, they wouldn't be successful in their chosen career.