Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Answers From My Buddha

I am normally very reticent to blog anything about my son, who I'll call The Buddha (his dad calls him that sometimes, it's not a reference to Five Corners). I'm pretty reticent for him to have any kind of virtual life, because, at the age of three, he has no control over it. However, he spoke the truth yesterday, so I'm writing it here.

My friend The Goddess Devi has been having some troubles of late. Most goddesses, and literary heroes for that matter, have to go on an involved series of adventures or a quest in order to become the king of their own lives. They have to fight their way out of their father's head, or figure a way in and out of Hades. They have to suck all the blood out of the demon Raktabija. In The Goddess Devi's case, they have to go live with their parents while they await, have, and recuperate from surgery, and life goes into a numbing stasis that breeds uncertainty, doubt, and an increasing suspicion that doom lives in Toronto.

So The Buddha and I were playing with his toy trains yesterday afternoon, and since he has a talent for knowing what's bothering people and animals, I said to him "Buddha's name here, is there anything I can do to help The Goddess Devi that I haven't thought of?" And without looking up from the wooden tracks he said "Um, give her medicine, and music, and books, and Sesame Street. That's all anyone ever needs."

TGD, an email package is on the way. Buddha, thank you for being the Universe, and for being you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength ...

Buddha W. (or Wuddha to those of us in the know) is wise beyond his years. I am sending him good karma and well placed vaastu, but holding on to his love for now. It is warm, squishy, smells like baby powder and empowering.

On a practical note, I too have been asking the Universe specific questions and getting exactly what I need, so I will heed Wuddha’s prudent advice and get the four things necessary for a healthy recovery – medicine, music, books and Sesame Street.

Thank you both for the Universal inquiry on my behalf. It’s nice to know when I don’t have the strength to fight my own battles that I have an Angel and a Buddha looking out for me. -TGD

Anonymous said...

wow. What insanely good advice!!!