Thursday, September 6, 2007

#19: Please give Elayne the house that will best support her needs

Back in July I posted on my old blog, Set Cycle to Spin, about the seeming disappearance of PostSecret's man behind the curtain, Frank. You can go look at the old blog if you want the whole story. The whole ordeal earned me minute 3 of my personal 15 minutes of suspect fame when Wikipedia referred to me as a blogger who claimed to have called the police. So my only entry on Wikipedia makes me sound a little like a liar, a little like a hysteric, and a little like Ren from Ren and Stimpy ("Call the poliiiiiiiiiice!").

(Minutes 1 and 2 involved having stories published in national anthologies. As long as the last 12 don't involve anyone else posting footage of me on YouTube, we're good.)

The cool thing that happened, however, is lots of nice, interesting and literate strangers reading PostSecret and that Wikipedia link wrote me nice things and now I read their blogs, like Jessieh Speaks.

Elayne in particular wrote me a very detailed take on blogging etiquette with some good thoughts to chew on. But at the time I was about to go on vacation and when I scrolled down in her post and just saw more pesky words, I kind of panicked and didn't read the whole thing.

Blogging etiquette has been on my mind lately. I remembered the post and felt up to conquering all the words and went back and read it (good stuff) and then checked out her blog. She mentioned she's hoping to buy a house.

So, universe, please help Elayne that house, and if not that house, then another really cool house she'll love just as much. I don't know much about her, but it seems to me she has a big heart and a deep desire for this to happen, so give her a hand if you could.

Until later --

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

::choked up::

Awww, thanks! I really appreciate it.

(By the way I'm trying to put more pictures in, because I do get overly talkative - hopefully in the future there'll be more to leaven the loaf, so to speak.)

--Elayne