Monday, September 10, 2007

Numberless Musing

Thank you to Jamal and Elayne for their kind posts.

A few words on why I'm doing this, as much to solidify my own thinking as anything else.

Really, it started with a good title. I work in public relations, so I have years of training in coming up with a good line and worrying about the content later. But eventually you do have to come up with the content, or the good line falls apart.

I figure I'm human, not to mention American, so I want things all the time. Not material things so much but for "things" to be better, richer, easier, to finally come up with the grand scheme that makes life work like clockwork.

I realize that's a crock. Crockwork.

I've also been irritated by things like "The Secret", that have some good ideas behind them, and Scientology, which, whoo boy never mind. I'm irritated by the idea that you have to put down a bunch of cash and then someone comes out from behind the curtain and tells you the meaning of life. (Although if Leah Remini is any example, a bunch of cash does seem to buy you A-list friends, so I won't knock the Xenu-worshippers. Oh who am I kidding, yes I will. Anyway.)

The meaning of life is in the living. This blog is about speaking my voice, making my intentions clear to myself and connecting with other people. I do want to see if I can make locusts swarm the Scientology Center on 42nd Street (how cool would that be?) but mainly I want to see if this can be an experiment, and hopefully a successful one, in learning the meaning of life without handing some faux Wizard of Oz a big wad of money. And that then maybe you can do it too.

More later. Much love.

No comments: