Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Because at the end of the day I am a big hippie who really does believe in the power of love

For brave, brilliant and strong J, who I've come to know through the brave, brilliant and strong Jessieh. (Neither of them would probably describe themselves that way, so I'll do it for them, in honor of the people out there describing me that way when I feel like I cannot pick up my foot to take one more step.)

Universe, this one is for J and S, two people I really don't know at all, but who seem to be fighting a giant raging ocean just to hold eachother's hands. You know, Universe, how hard J is fighting in general. When two people can love and support eachother, every thing beneath their feet that lay fallow can bloom. It can be so much easier to take the first steps of loving yourself when you see the love another has for you.

So Universe, dude, come on. They have nothing left to prove. Let's pick up the world like it was just a paper map sitting on my dining room table, and touch the East Coast of the United States to Rome in a kiss. Let those two points stay connected, forever. Let them find a way for J to stay in Italy for good, and let the good times finally finally finally start to roll.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I love what you wrote and it put a huge smile on my face. It is wonderful. Thank you Jen.

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet.

It's people like you, and kind gestures such as this that make this world a good place.

We need more of it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Monique. When I started this blog I thought I would just be asking for things. One of the nice surprises is that I can sometimes be a small part of the answer.