Wednesday, October 17, 2007

God, Me, Same Diff

On the way home on the train yesterday afternoon I saw a little girl get the absolute crap slapped out of her by her mother. I went to tell a cop and the train pulled away. I found myself praying to the universe, actually, to God-- stop being so stupid, get off your ass, God, and help that little girl.

God, me, same difference.

When I get back from vacation, I'm going to start here and find out how I can best volunteer. Nothing upsets me more than children being harmed by the people who are supposed to be taking care of them. Freud and tribal myths agree -- 0-5 is what forms the self, and 0-5 is where so much damage is done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who witnessed a child being hit by his mother on a bus. Before getting off at her stop, my friend walked up to the mother, punched her on the arm and said "How do you like it?"