Thursday, August 23, 2007

#14: My fantasy/science fiction wish

In the realm of the more wacky wishes, here's what I really want.

I want all local and state governments to hire geniuses and empaths. People who are so smart they can see 10 steps down the road what could happen and people who are so sensitive they can see 10 steps down the road what could happen. You know, the people nobody ever listens to. People who can look outside of how things are done to how things get done.

In the investigation around the recent fire at the condemned Deutsche Bank building, where two NYC firefighters were killed, it was discovered that the company hired to demolish the building had never demolished an environmentally or structurally hazardous building before, which could be why they still hadn't demolished the thing a year after winning the contract. In addition, the building has been more or less sitting there since 9/11 because no one remotely legitimate wanted to touch the project.

Hmm. Condemned building, sitting there for six years, harmed in 9/11.

I wish I could have taken the damn thing down myself. I wish the rules had gone out the window and a creative solution was reached.

I wonder how many more problems like this are sitting out on the street.

No comments: