Wednesday, August 29, 2007

#15: Just let me write

My problem is rarely a lack of ideas. It's usually that I have too many ideas and freeze. So here I am, writing, even if this is short, humorless and not that intelligent.

Insert joke here about guys I've dated. . . .

Regarding a previous post, my friend's dog is OK with total recovery uncertain at this point but I'm very thankful he's still here, both for the dog and for the friend.

Regarding another previous post, I have been invited to sing in the wedding of a friend. I haven't sung in public by myself in years without the aid of several cocktails and/or a karaoke video of people running along a beach while I croak out"Love Is A Battlefield." Not to say I haven't considered those options for the wedding, but I'll probably stick to one of the lovely standards suggested by the jazz band.

I'm thrilled about this. And by thrilled I mean really happy and honored with a side order of panic attack.

No comments: